Swimming Pool Leak Detection
Is your pool losing water and you don’t know where ? Apple Pools can help. We’ve been in the pool industry for over thirty years looking after all types of leaking pools. Recently we decided to search the world for the latest and most advanced leak detection equipment to improve our offering. Leak detection can be very difficult and time consuming if you don’t have the correct equipment.
Thanks to the state-of-the-art technology we use at Apple Pools, most pool or spa leaks can be located and repaired without major disruption. We don’t need to empty your pool in order to find the source of the leak. What makes us different is our guarantee “if we are unable to locate your swimming pool leak, then our service is free”- that’s how confident we are we will locate your leak.
It’s natural for your pool to lose some water due to evaporation, some to splash out, and some to backwashing your filter. If you routinely need to add more than 50ml of water to your pool per week, you may have a leak. An easy way to test this yourself is to perform the “bucket test“.
Pool Leak Detection
We at Apple Pools are experts in pool leak detection to our clients in Camberwell, Balwyn, Canterbury, Surrey Hills, Kew, Hawthorn and the Eastern Suburbs. For swimming pool leaks, the first step we conduct is a diagnostic test, using the latest technology from the US called the Leakalyzer. The Leakalyzer enables rapid determination of a pools water loss. It measures water level changes to the 10,000th of an inch, enabling a leak to be identified in as little as 5 minutes. This sensitivity enables rapid identification of water loss that would otherwise only be noticeable over much longer observation periods. If a leak is detected, our certified technicians will then conduct specialised tests to determine where the leak is located. As soon as we find the leak, our experts would then provide you an accurate quote for repairing. Most leaks can be repaired during your initial visit. Contact us at Apple Pools for your pool leak detection needs in Camberwell
In Ground Pool Leak Detection
We use state-of-the-art equipment in order to locate the leak as soon as possible, preventing it from becoming a time consuming task. No matter what the nature of the swimming pool leak, Apple Pools professionals and experts will perform the necessary swimming pool leak detection to get your pool back up and running, saving you money in the long term.
Bucket Test Instructions:
The “Bucket Test” will determine if water loss in a pool is due to evaporation or a leak:
- Bring pool water to your normal level.
- Fill bucket with pool water to about 3 cm from top.
- Place bucket on first or second step of pool.
- Mark water level on inside of bucket.
- Shut off pump and mark pool level on outside of bucket.
- Resume normal pump operation for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, repeat steps 4 and 5 then compare the two levels. If the pool water (outside mark) goes down more than the inside water level, there is probably a leak.
- In case of rain, you will need to repeat the test.
- Please ensure your autofill is shut off for the 24 hours of your test.
- No swimming pool activity during the 24 hours of your test.
- If it is too windy, please delay your test for another day.